SSTP for NCV Cadets
TMI Mumbai conducts a Shipboard Structured Training Programme for NCV Cadets (SSTP - NCV) as approved by the Directorate General of Shipping.
Successful completion of the Programme will enable a cadet to appear in NCV Certification Examination after eighteen months of sea service (Authority: MS Notice 05 / 2008 dated 03 Mar 08).
Conduct of the Programme
- The programme consists of three semesters, each of six months duration, which are to be compulsorily completed on board the ship.
- A DG Shipping approved Training Record Book (TRB) is issued at the time of enrolment. Cadets shall complete TRB specified tasks on board the ship and these shall be assessed on a continuous basis through submission of Technical Journals. Cadets shall also appear for the final examination at the end of the programme.
- Courseware consisting of the following Books and Technical Journals for each Semester shall be issued by the Institute :
- Controlling the Operation of Ship
- Cargo Handling and Stowage
- Three Technical Journals
- Collision Regulations (Issued at the time of admission only)
The eligibility for SSTP(NCV) is successful completion of Pre Sea Training for GP Rating from an institution recognised by DG Shipping and below the age of 25 years.
- Rs 8,000/- per semester inclusive of courseware cost to be paid semester-wise in advance. (Total : Rs 24,000/- for three semesters)
- Fees once paid will not be refunded
The application form can be obtained from the Institute free of cost OR can be downloaded by clicking here.
The duly completed application form together with a crossed demand draft of Rs. 8,000/- drawn in favour of & Tolani Education Foundation and payable at Mumbai is required to be submitted at this Institute along with the following enclosures:
- Two passport size photographs with one affixed on the original application and attested by CTO or any other responsible officer of the ship owner / manager.
- Attested photocopy of 10th Mark List.
- Attested photocopy Pre Sea Training Course Certificate
- Attested photocopy of CDC
- Attested photocopy INDoS Certificate
Scrutiny of application and the process of granting admission including briefing requires about 2 hours. It is, therefore, recommended that the students intending to enroll for the programme should report at the Institute before 1030 hours on a working day. This shall facilitate proper briefing and smooth learning process. Courseware is issued to the student only after such briefing is satisfactorily completed.
For more information please contact:
Tolani Maritime Institute
149-151, Sher-e-Punjab Society,
Guru Gobind Singh Road,
Mumbai - 400 093
Tel: +91-22-6153 5454